Saturday, April 10, 2010

Candlelit Dinner for Five

I would love to say my husband and I have shared an intimate candlelit dinner for two recently, however the reality is we are parents to three young children with little availability to go out or eat by ourselves before 8pm!  After learning so much at Master J's Steiner Kindergarten this year and setting a seasonal table at our dining table, I decided to accompany it with some candles.


Mr J does not seem to care for them, however the children love taking it in turns blowing out the candles after dinner.  The mood is set and the soft music is playing.  Dinner time may still require some extra efforts to assist Master J to eat anything other than Vita Brits; but on the whole - we are enjoying our candlelit dinners together. 

I am amazed how the ambiance really does bring such a sense or relaxation and togetherness to our dinnertimes!  Master S and Miss G settle down and enjoy some special family time together while we talk about our day.  With winter approaching, it is even more gorgeous and cosy!

I would love to hear someone try it with their children and let me know if it has such a calming affect on them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...