Friday, July 23, 2010

So Many Pretty Things


My gorgeous Master S is returning from his first school camp today, I am very impressed he has made it through the two nights away.  I am trying to rest with this latest bout of influenza - feeling a tad guilty that Master J is being babysat by the television though.

I wanted to share with you lots of pretty things Miss G and I have been creating.  Some of these have been My 10 year old Miss G's ideas, so I am very proud of her.  We began making wreaths out of our baron climbing thorn less rose... these looked great and we adorned our front door with Miss G's creation.  So I decided to make some to put in my stall.  I would love to know what you think of them.  They are a bit eclectic and natural, I wanted to represent a link with nature and our cold winter here.




We picked up some gorgeous wooden boxes from our local cool store that were getting smashed into millions of pieces.  I wish I had picked up more, but my redesigning to a french provincial storage box went very.  Miss G enjoyed watching this restoration process.  My next set worked out much better with a bigger fleur d'elise stamped on both front and sides.  These have been very popular at my stall and come in handy to store all sorts of things.  The 'Mon Potager' boxes are to be used as a small herb garden for your kitchen garden.

Miss G very much blessed me after many discussions about what we really like to be dressed in.  I admitted how much I love cardigans, dresses and the look of red lipstick and flowers in the hair.  Miss G came home after shopping with her own pocket money with a gorgeous gift for me.  It inspired us to make our new Squiggly Hair Pretties which are on sale via emailing me and at The Vintage Shed.





My boys range has taken off, I have found it very difficult to use vintage fabrics for boys... so we are using rare and different bits and pieces.  Master J enjoyed his little modelling shoot for me!

Leave me a note if you have been reading, I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas!
xo  Enjoy your weekend


3 comments:

  1. Just happened upon your site and have a new baby boy with BWS... thanks for posting, it gives me great hope!
    Jenna(Boston, MA)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squiggly, what a beautiful blog - your photos are great and those wreaths are so evocative of stark winter...
    Thanks for coming to visit my blog. I can't wait to see your French bistro blinds become dresses!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...