Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Escape and Catching Up

 I have been re-reading my blog and the few blogs I follow very regularly.  I now realise what a wonderful escape and outlet it is to write and share amidst our daily travels.  So I am going to try and share a snippet each day!

So much has been happening - major life changing decisions are being made in this household.  Following your heart and desires placed upon it - I am learning - are not always that easy.  We have a beautiful home on a tiny block in lovely part of Victoria.  However space is lacking for our children to explore and learn of the worlds natural wonders.  We can hear all the goings on of our street and sudden wake up noises in the night are not my idea of peace.

With prayer and conversations in our home - we are being lead to relocate.  This is very exciting and also causes disturbance for one of my Asperger boys.  We are treading interesting waters - but know there is not a future here for us.  Schools are limited and the price of land is crazy.  Yarra Ranges here we come!  We should be on the market by the end of this month.

On a more creative and fun note.... my room of the house is a hub of creation!  Boys pants cut out, summer dress fabrics are being collected.  Trims of ric-rac hanging off my table, Christmas decoration plans and Squiggly Hair Pretties galore.  




Miss G is my wonderful assistant - I love her creative ideas to fuel my inspiration.


Miss G and Master S both had their birthdays, it is such a busy time of year.  We visited Tessselaars Tulip farm in Silvan yesterday - it was lovely.  The Gnome hunt was our favourite attraction!  So many beautiful pics of the children.  We just missed the rain and the light was amazing for wonderful shots.







Our willow bird-cages and hearts are a new favourite at The Vintage Shed and it is so funny trying to source willow with my children when we go out in the car.  I love all the escapades with nature we experience together!  This was the willow we visited on our trip to Leongatha for my Oma and Opa's 60th wedding anniversary.



My Willow Bird Cage and a try of Christmas Angels, not sure if I like these Angels though!



Lastly, Master S has continued his maxillofacial works - he should be fitted with the spacer finally in the next few weeks.  I am hoping this does not cause him any eating issues, I will keep you posted.

Spring is slowly springing upon us - the sweet smell in the air and excitement it brings are fabulous.  I love this picnic time of year. xo

4 comments:

  1. you sound very settled with your move Rachel i'm glad things are flowing a little easier for you. The photos are gorgeous the kids look so happy and relaxed it's great to see. enjoy the rest of the holidays. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad I found your blog and if you do manage to post every day I'll certainly be reading and following your relocation adventures.

    Beautiful children by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for sharing this photos, your kids are adorable....and oh i didn t know that you are making this beautiful willow cages (i saw them in your store), love their natural feeling ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah and Septembre... I am so enjoying making the Willow Bird Cages. We had a great connection with Waldorf-Steiner education methods over the last couple of years. I have found the whole natural element of creating so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...