Monday, December 20, 2010

La La Land

Some days I find myself in La La Land.  It really is a nice place to be.  I was chatting with Mrs D last night about life.  There is so much positive in our lives, motherhood and woman hood are huge tasks these days.  Many a book has been written I know.  Why do we feel so overwhelmed at times?  Do you feel like this?

The little rabbit we found last weekend and my aspirations to dress it in a cardi were part of my La La thinking.  Someone out there has since taken the wee pet to their home - how sweet!  Maybe La La Land is just a pleasant way to be thankful of life's simple pleasures.  It is far nicer for me to focus on my apples growing or a beautiful expression from my children than what so and so said about so and so.  This little chair captured my thoughts at a recent birthday party.



My Master S brought home his school work as all kids do this time of year.  Flicking through it I found a Christmas ditty he had composed.  It blew my mind.  The day before I had commented on a blog I follow about our Christmas traditions.  It was half true I thought at the time - and half speaking something into existence.


It reads:

"Is Christmas better than Easter?
My opinion is Christmas.
Firstly, Jesus was born and on Easter he dies.
Secondly, Christmas is for giving and Easter is for grief.
Thirdly, Christmas may be last but it is worth it.
Fourthly, Christmas is made for happy times and Easter is for sad times.
Fifthly, Easter makes you sick and Christmas is full of joy.
Sixthly, Christmas is about family and Easter is about finding eggs full of junk. 
And that is why I like Christmas more than Easter."

You get the gist!

When I read this - I realised they were not just La La thoughts - but true.  I am doing a good job.  My son has retained something I have taught him.  I know I can feel very disheartened with my expectations of myself as a mother - and some of my friends have shared they feel this way to.

So I want to encourage you to let some of the ladies you know they are doing a great job with their lot.  Can you do this for me?  Thankyou xoxo


I am not quite sure where our Australian summer is in Victoria.  Last night we were rugged up, listening to carols and knitting squares.  It felt like a cosy winter Christmas from a North American movie!  Very nostalgic!  I don't tend to knit in the summer months... I think I should do it more often.  Happy Sunday! xo

4 comments:

  1. I live in La La Land quite a bit too Squiggly. I don't know if it's a Mum thing, a woman thing or a creative thing - but my husband doesn't seem to go there (my daughter does though!). I love the poem by Master S - so emphatic!

    I can't wait to see what becomes of all your squares. I've been knitting squares on and off for a while - I like your greens. And to your request - yes. I'm going to tell my wonderful friends exactly what I think of them when we catch up on Thursday evening for a picnic at the park.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of having a place (La La Land) where you get to revel in the simple things. That chair really does say it all. Hi from the Fibro x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your son's poem. Particularly the idea of Christmas being last but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. La La Land sounds like my kind of place!

    Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...