Friday, December 31, 2010

should auld acquaintance be forgot


Virginie from Septembre Vintage gave me this beautiful tablecloth last week and delighted my day with her kindness.  I had to snap a shot of it going into one of the boxes I packed today.  I was on a roll, but we ran out of packing tape.

Listening to a collection of Christmas music last week, the last song was Auld Lang Syne.  I had not really thought much of it, so just googled the words.  Quite a simple ditty - but a bit appropriate with our latest estranged relative issues.  I am so thankful for the wonderful people around me, but will never forget the history of those who aren't at the moment.  

We had a great day at the beach today and then at our favorite ice cream shop ever in the whole wide world. I remember wondering if my Master S would ever be able to eat an ice-cream after his tongue reduction surgery.  He has mastered the art perfectly!


I am so looking forward to 2011.  It brings a new adventure with the move, the new school, back to university, growing my business, my last baby at school, fruit trees, pets, peace and being another year older!

Enjoy xo







2 comments:

  1. Big, exciting year ahead for you Rach! I look forward to reading many more squiggly posts, as I;m sure there'll be PLENTY to talk about!

    Thanks for your beautiful comment on my post today. I've actually edited the post now as my hubby was a little uncomfortable with how much I was saying to the world. I was in two minds - I'm glad you got to read it before it was changed though.

    Wishing you and your family smooth transitions and happy days ahead in 2011! x Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tablecloth, ★ Happy New Year ! ★

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...