Sunday, January 2, 2011

first blog of 2011

I have just decided that each blog post this year is going to include some creative project I am focusing on.  This is so exciting!  It may be little or small - but makes my world go round.  I will also endeavor to continue to share our tales of family, thrifting, Autism and Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome.

I have so many ideas flitting around; light shades, wall hangings, woolen delights.

Last night's whimsical gathering of flowers entailed making small posies.  They are on the front counter at The Vintage Shed and are a lovely inexpensive gift.  I loved picking herbs and flowers and foliage and putting them together.  The kidlets loved it too.  They are my Squiggly Organic Sensory Posies!


The beetroot leaves are delightful.


Mmm... lemon balm with verbena.



The tags are even thrifted handmade Christmas tags.

Mister J is out birthday shopping with the children - ahh the serenity of listening to Sally undisturbed.  It makes me feel like having a party with my bunting strewn across the yard!  xo

4 comments:

  1. ♦Happy New Year Rachael♦, i wish you a happy move to the hills with your beautiful family, i was delighted to meet your kids the other day,sorry i was a little bit in a hurry on this day also thank you for the previous post...can't wait to see what you will do with the tablecloth (by the way my daughter was wearing the dress you made on Xmas day and she had many compliments...so cute!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year. Your basket of posie's are so very sweet, I can smell them from here;) I look forward to seeing more of your crafting adventures.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so welcome Virginie. I was a bit flustered that day too - my boys just love to run around and all I can think of is them breaking something.

    I would love to see a picture of your little one in the dress!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...