Thursday, March 10, 2011

My Creative Space

Creating is indeed my therapy and answer to refreshing my soul.  University studies are what I need to be doing at the moment, however I have managed to do a little creating since we have lived here.

I am designing my first ever knitting pattern, Miss G was desperate for a poncho.  I am not sure how it is going to far - but have done one panel.  Once I sew it together I will discover if it worked!


I have some new willow designs which I have mostly finished and will show you soon.  This huge heart was so relaxing to make.


I have been very inspired by some of Tiff's work.  I decided to try my hand at making my own style of lampshade - a little inspired by dotti angel and lots of my quirks.  It's not finished yet as time is of essence.  I did however find another old light shade at the op shop yesterday to transform.


Kirsty at Kootoyoo has a host of other bloggers sharing their creative journey's.  Although I don't have time to look through them - you might!

Love to you xo

OH - just realised you may not know what I am studying....  I am studying a Bachelor of Early Childhood Education.

10 comments:

  1. I really love the look of the lampshade, great idea. Also, the poncho is coming along nicely, fab colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou xox I am really looking forward to finishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask what you are studying!! I have thought about doing the same thing but if I finish the degree Im doing now then I can do a postgrad in education in only 6-12mths, so we'll see :) I was also going to ask if you made the heart hanging in your kitchen window, I noticed it in your last post, its lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bec!

    Yes, I did do that little heart. I am thinking of putting them online, not sure if I should do big cartel, or esty or madeit - and I have to read the laws about willow. I don't want to spray them with poison or anything like that!

    Thankyou lovely xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are making time to do some beautiful work - indeed very soul-refreshing! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work...I picked up an old wire shade the other week and have been contemplating making it over...love the look of yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Rachael, You have such a lovely serene space. Love the poncho, I'm always in awe of talented knitters, I had my first knitting lesson at Christmas time. : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, designing knitting patterns blows my mind, as I try just to get my head around reading them! Fantastic! All the best with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous! What a lovely little glimpse into your world. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok so here's the poncho! It looks lovely - that's the same colour yarn as the cardi I was making!

    I adore that heart Rach. If you do sell them online, I would love to buy one for my kitchen. It would be interesting to see if Tasmania would allow the willow in...

    x Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...