Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Creating and Thrifting

I am on the constant hunt for woolen jumpers and old light or lamp shades when I am thrifting.  I am amazed how tricky it is to find 100 percent wool, alpaca, mohair or the like.

Here are the latest creations from the last week.  Heading to The Vintage Shed today.  Loving my lamp and light shade make-overs.






I am planning on making matching wands for the girl crowns and knight pullover 'armour' for the boys.

I have been burying my head in creating this last week, amidst Easter, Wedding and being a Mum.  The house renovation have been at a standstill as we wait for tradesmen - the crap everywhere unorganisation has been getting me down.

We are off to the old home-town today to catch  up with my Grandma and some friends.  Enjoy your day everyone. Oh - and just a little note to say thanks for admiring my creations - and I am happy to inspire you - but please be original with your designs.

Love Rach xo


6 comments:

  1. Girlie, your lampshades are darling! What a creative gal you are :-)

    Your felt crowns are delightful as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems to be just as hard to find natural fibre yarns as well...acrylic which I dislike is in abundance at thrift stores but less so wool and cotton. I have been on the hunt for lampshade frames for the last few years but have only ever found a few on my travels, yet they are plenty in NZ.
    Your shades and crowns are gorgeous :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rach, I've just been catching up on the last fe of your posts. My how gorgeous you all looked at the wedding. I don't think your dress is too short at all. You looked great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...did I ever say just how talented you are!!! Love it all!!!! TK xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I just love that shade frame with the doilies and hanky. What a great idea for a little one's nursery! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I shared this with my crafty friend. I on the other hand am a very poor crafter, but I know a great one when I see one!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...