Monday, May 16, 2011

Miss G's Mitts

I knitted these for Miss G over the weekend.  I was inspired by Kate's toasties, however as I am no good with circular knitting, I had to find a pattern of mitts that are knitted straight.  So I modified this pattern.  Here is my new modified pattern I will call 'Squiggly Mitts'.



I used the stunning Noro yarn - I will have to buy another stash to get them a little more matching.  I am knitting myself a pair now in a gorgeous Sublime yarn.

Here is the pattern I modified to:
Squiggly Mitts

Cast on 34 stitches.
Knit SS until you have desired length to base of thumb.
Right Mitten
K17, M1, K3, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS
K17, M1, K5, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS
K17, M1, K7, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS

K17, M1, K9, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl

***For a one size mitten, there should now be 42 stitches on the needle.  Work 25 stitches in Knit, turn work, Purl 11.

Knit 4 rows SS for a child or 8 rows SS for an adult.  Work rib pattern, K1, P1, K1 P1 for the rest of row and following 6 rows.  Cast off loosely.  Leave a 20cm tail of yarn and stitch side seam of thumb from top to bottom.  Use the tail yarn once seam is sewn to knit up two stitches and then Knit remainder of row.  Rejoin yarn

Work in SS until you have desired length of mitt.  Work 8 rows in rib pattern (K1, P1, K1,P1).  This could be substituted with another pattern if you so desire.  I considered Moss stitch.

Cast off loosely and sew up side seam.***

Left Mitt
Cast on 34 Stitches.
Knit SS until you have desired length to base of thumb.
Right Mitten
K14, M1, K3, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS
K14, M1, K5, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS
K14, M1, K7, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Two rows SS

K14, M1, K9, M1, K to end.
Next row - purl
Work from *** to ***



Love Rach xo







6 comments:

  1. They look fabulous Rach!
    I bet she adores them and thinks her Mum is the coolest.
    I wore mine all day today. It is so cooooold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love them Rach!!
    I wore some today..but mine are store bought as I can't knit!!
    hope she enjoys them ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're great - I love the mismatchy colours. I love sublime yarn so I can't wait to see yours. And thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look really good. I'm thinking I will give them a go. I am scared of trying circular knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I would <3 a pair of those, they are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...