Tuesday, June 14, 2011

day 1

I have risen early, coffee in hand while the children are still snug.  Today is the first day of my teaching placement with Grade 1 at a close-by gorgeous little school.  We are going on school camp today.  It has all fallen into place with my children too - the school camp is only 15 minutes away from my children's school!

I am excited and nervous.  I get quite shy around adults I don't know well.  I kind of feel I am under the spotlight too.  I will be watched and assessed as I embark on learning and practicing being a teacher.  I was assured last night by Miss G I will be fine and they will love me.  I am amazed by the words that come out of her mouth.  I then remind myself that they sound oh so familiar - I have said those words to her in her journeys.

Today I am starring in the real blog spotlight over at The Shiny Bubble.  I felt like a celebrity reading this beautifulness from Yaga.  She is just so sweet and made me feel right at home on her blog. 



 I also have some exciting Squiggly Sunday posts coming up - a lovely lady who has been metaphorically shipwrecked and desolate because of an illness.

Enjoy your day, what are you up to?  Stay tuned for life as a faithful mamma, thrifter, learning-to-be-teacher, creative and at times ditsy woman attempting three weeks of teaching placement!  It is going to be interesting!

Much Love Rach xo

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with your placement, you'll be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sending you warm hugs and loads of love as you embark on this little chapter in your teaching/learning life - I am sure you will totally ace it!!! TK xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Rach! Yes you'll be fine. It's always nerve racking going on prac. Very high expectations but as long as you show you're keen to learn and take advice and of course not use the teacher's personal mugs, you'll be well received! ;)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now I'm wondering which camp you've gone to. I know of about 3 that are within 15 minutes of school!

    I hope you enjoy the experience. I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that everything was fine, that they all loved you and that you feel more confident!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...