Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Yarning along with Ginny @ Small Things

One of my new favorite blogs is very inspirational with my ways of parenting - I find myself looking forward to each new blog post written by Ginny.  It's  a bit like waiting to open a gift!

Joining in with Yarn Along, here is the finished skirt for Miss H.  I will be able to give it to her on the weekend and hope she may model it all for you to see.  It is ravelled here, however I did alter the pattern, so the skirt is more bell shaped, rather than flared.


My new book arrived in the mail yesterday.  I love learning about teaching, and this is a bit of a new dimension on my studies - together with supporting my Master S.  I don't really know where it is all leading - however it is indeed interesting reading!

I made my boys last night.  Their capes have a cross of Christ - I loved making these and the children just love them too.  So the three little figures are sitting on our nature table, with a silver sugar bowl filled with small pieces of paper.  The children write gratefulness words or prayers and pop them in a little basket on the table.  I love it.  My friend Tiffany over here has begun a gratefulness book with her son, I can't wait to see more on that!

We are enjoying the rainy Wintery day here, Master J is still in him pyjamas.  The cousins visited this morning and we enjoyed home baked spelt rolls with pumpkin soup.




Master S is cooking dinner tonight - so I'd best go and supervise!  I'm looking forward to settling in for the night and knitting another cowl!

Much Love Rach xo

6 comments:

  1. I am a big Charlotte Mason fan! Have you checked out www.amblesideonline.com ? The site has a lot of infomation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter saw your little people and wants to make a set of her own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful little figures! Then yarn in that knitting is GREAT! Looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh your figures are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh what a cute toadstool! Did you make it yourself? And that yarn looks wonderfully fuzzy =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cowls are my favorite thing to knit and wear! Looks like you have so much fun at your house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...