Once again Pinterest is an amazing source of inspiration - I love that it is like flicking through a magazine, without all the other bit's I'm not interested in. Our Creative Spaces - is also another fabulous source of inspiration!
I am a self-confessed lover of bunting - the more whimsical it gets, the better. As the sun is shining here in Melbourne's outer hills, and our renovations are taking place..... It is time to get into the yard and get it ready for many a summer bbq.
When we bought our house, the garden, although it had many wonderful heirloom plants; it had not been tended to in over 20 years. We have been clearing and pulling some plants. One of these area's is at the rear of the house - where we will make a temporary outdoor area while we consider our future plans for the house!
This is what it looked like at the time of purchase earlier this year....
Now please mind all of our mess - bikes - outdoor furniture - plants - the clearing of overgrown flora. This is what I am envisaging...
You have all heard of cushion swaps, fat-quarter swaps, brooch swaps.... right?
My plans to create a gorgeous few rows of bunting across the white timber got me thinking..... I could just sew something up by myself. Then I got dreaming how lovely it would be to incorporate triangles, rectangles, doilies, pieces of bunting (single 'bunts') that friends, strangers, bloggers, anyone made.
It would bring a whimsy delight to sit outside on a summers day and see a few pieces of bunting amongst mine - that others had created. Maybe a bit of an artistic way to remember this little community of readers - or just to enjoy bunting even more?
What do you think?
Okay, so I am thinking it will go like this....
1. Must be made out of whatever scraps you have in your stash
2. Can be any shape you desire
3. Finished measurements to be approximately 15cm x 20cm
4. Any materials can be used other than paper
5. If you want make and send only 1 piece of bunting - you will receive one
6. If you make and send 5 you will get 5 (etc etc)
( I want at least 50, so I will be making and sending out 50)
7. Individual pieces need not be made into a garland of bunting - use as you desire.... Sew onto a cushion, or skirt, or dress - or frame - or make into a loom artwork
8. Items to be posted in a small letter size envelope to keep postage to a minimum
9. Pieces of bunting to be mailed out by September 28th, 2011
10. If you want to take part - email me: Rachael and subject line "Bunting"
I will need your postal address included in the eamil
*Please tell me how many pieces you wish to make,
and I will email you your list of recipients once I have details*
11. Pop this button on your page and PLEASE spread the word... it is a great reminder of how kind and encouraging this crafting, parenting bloggy world is! Once the button is on your page - please
link back to this post!
FINALLY & Important : Please still take part even if you do not write a blog - I really want you too!
Let your creativity take you away - I would love to upload some great new pics of YOUR creations to Pinterest.
If you do not write a blog of your own - please still take part.
Much Love and Bunting fun to you - Rach xo