Friday, August 12, 2011

hope brings life -- loving it

Today I went on a school excursion with my kidlets to see the Victorian State Opera perform a snippet of Hansel and Gretel at Horti Hall (previously the Victorian Horticultural Society building).  Indeed is was wonderful - how can opera singers merely open their mouth and appear to be putting no effort at all into their singing (when clearly we know it is a gift and lots of hard work) - it amazed me!


Yesterday and my previous post about our mouldy bathroom versus our previous lovely bathroom obviously shouted out my gloom.


Today I painted applied a little make-up, popped on a my favorite polka-dot scarf, a gingham ribbon in my hair, my red boots, striped red top, a powder-blue pullover with a crinkled neckline, jeans and Op-shopped Green patchwork jacket and I felt a million dollars.  Okay, not quite - but almost.


I wonder why it was that I felt so much better?  Yesterday I scoured the local and beyond Op-Shops for treasures wearing my trackies.  Many a treasure was found, but I felt lonely.  Maybe I just like to talk to people.  Maybe I have empty nest syndrome?  Maybe I am just discovering what my role is now, while being a full-time Mum when all your children are at school.  What does this really mean?  (Thanks for that advice Mrs W).


Today I had a bit of hope, and a bit of make-up.  I felt better.  The excursion to the city was lovely.  Miss G hopped around with two loyal friends all day (they did not leave her side).  We even bumped into her teacher from last year as her old school was also on an excursion!   It was lovely to get to know the other children my kidlets go to school with.


Today I let people know I am lonely, the honeymoon period of the move is over.  Do you know what - I have finally realised that their is no point pretending that I have it all together.  Today I voiced how I feel.  It is okay to be real.  For the first time in I don't know how long, I am pushing through my shyness and trying to connect with people.  We all need to connect don't we?  It is bringing me hope, which makes me feel worthy.  Worthy of life.

The treasures I found yesterday were gorgeous - I even picked up a pair of 1950's woolen army pants. Next week I will allocate another full day to checking out a new unknown to me area of the thrifting world!  Don't you just love all these red buttons!


So, I am loving and grateful for red buttons and finding some hope!  How about you?  Check out more Loving here too!

Much Love Rach xo

16 comments:

  1. Good on you for pushing through the shyness. It was something I was thinking about today actually, that although I try to push through my shyness, and I do to a point in that I am friendly, I think that mostly I hold something back, so that I don't make really deep connections. It is something I would like to change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sannah for letting me know I'm not alone in that feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to admit you don't "have it altogether" even though we all know that no one really does! Stopping by via Maxabella Loves to say hello. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done for pushing yourself and for being so honest, Rach. You will be all the richer for it!
    - from a once, very shy girl. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally okay to be real :) Though they aren't one in the same, I was just thinking the same thing about Christina Aguilera while watching Burlesque that you mentioned about the Opera. Such a little body, where does the voice come from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heya Racheal...sweet post. great to know u are letting urself go...and Hope is one word I simply love...one thing to cling on to when we got nothing left to!!
    popping from Maxabella's linky
    http://aakritimalik.blogspot.com/2011/08/gratitude-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done you. You are definitely not alone, I am quite shy too and stepped outside my boudnaries engaging with other mums at a birthday party. It is hard at first but it gives such a warm buzz afterwards.
    Keep heading.

    jodi
    http://www.thescribbleden.com/the-cafe/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Being real is the real secret, I think. It's not until you are brave enough to say something like 'I'm lonely' that 10 people turn around and say 'me too, let's BD lonely together'!! Good for you, Rach. Oh, and YES you looked a million dollars!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you lovely ladies for your comments xxx you have blessed me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It took me three years to settle in when I moved to VIC from Perth. Even with hubby's family in the area, it was still a bit lonely. It was harder when I became a SAHM as the friends I had made were teachers from the school I taught at so they weren't free to catch up during the day! It always takes some adjustment to new surroudings as well as each phase of life... it'll take some time but you're still out there and not hiding in your house!! :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really great that you are able to be real - and those buttons are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First time visitor, but I'd definitely be back! Lovely honest post. Those red buttons are fabulous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great to find you. I have added you to my list of Autism Blog links. It is wonderful to find other bloggers who I can relate to, and also that you are an Aussie. Please come by and say hi Sarah www.acceptingandembracingautism.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The red buttons are georgeous! Friendly people get friends..it sounds like your second day was a really friendly day..and honest, no wonder you connected.

    ReplyDelete
  15. good for you for being real and opening up. sounds like we are right there together. i know we will both go through the fire and come out on the other end better for it. i have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...