Tuesday, August 23, 2011

impatience

I don't know if it is a bad thing, but I have realised I am a bit too impatient to wait for my moss to grow via the painting method.

Upon reading some green graffiti articles, I remembered that moss can easily be transplanted!  How exciting!  My boys really are not interested in helping me as I thought they would be - however they have accompanied me on some moss harvesting walks.

Miss G is still in bed, we had a trip to Emergency yesterday and she most likely has Influenza B, which presents with excessively high fevers and laryngitis symptoms.  Poor Love, she is still asleep.  Master J is also home with a slight fever.

This moss artwork is a bit addictive, especially as it is so green and I get to work in the outdoors with this almost-Springtime sun!


Transplanting moss is as easy as peeling it, soaking in water (I used fresh rain water that was in our bird bath) and then pressing it against the surface you want to moss.  My investigations assured me that pressing very hard was fine.  So that is what I did.  I have continued to spray the moss with a fine mist of rain water using a spray bottle.

I decided to use a few different varieties of moss I found in my yard.  These are the varieties I have; Dicranum, Dicranella Heteromalla and Hypnum moss.


I'm off to hang out the washing.  Enjoy the sunshine!

Much Love Rach xo

7 comments:

  1. oh wow, you are so cool! i love this! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous piece of wall art...it's going to look amazing once complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachael, Please look at EARLY PLAY AUSTRALIA as we would love for you to be involved.
    http://earlyplayaustralia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea, I am too impatient to wait for anything to grow except children and oh love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Zeppo! When it comes to Moss - I am too! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks beautiful! I love the idea of a moss wall mural :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...