Wednesday, August 24, 2011

yarning along

Green is still the colour for my Master S and he chose this yarn himself for his new beanie.  I was amazed how the type and colour of yarn really affects my thrill of knitting.  I prefer to only use natual fibres, this is a New Zealand 100% wool - but the colour got to me while knitting.  

However seeing these pictures of my beautiful boy, it really looks delightful on him!



The sun has been shining here and I have been out in the garden; gathering ideas and thinking how I can make this home more homely.  I really don't know how long we will be here, but while we are here - I feel the need to create and make it a home.

I have a bunting project up my sleeve and will blog about that tomorrow!  It is very exciting and taking me a bit of courage to get started.

I have come back to this book from this blog.  It is not an easy read, but most certainly a blessing and I am learning lots!


I am loving Yarn Along and following Ginny's blog.  I am in need of another book to read... any recommendations?  I don't like anything sinister or spooky or violent though - something nice... suggestions welcome!

Much Love Rach xo

PS...  I am hoping to host another Squiggly Sunday post - please let me know if you would like to be a guest blogger!

5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy a change of scenery now and again. I love to knit small projects using crazy colored yarn! Interspersed of course between 'normal' colors... :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should mention that about color. The knitting projects I enjoy most are ones using my favorite colors. I find that if I cast on something that is so-so in the color realm for me, the project drags on and on. The hat looks great. Glad that he liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of yarn....and the hat looks great on your son!

    ~~Renee

    A Knitters Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really loved when my children chose the yarn for their own hats or sweaters too! your son looks so happy in his new hat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I have a lovely sweet book series to suggest. It is by alexander mccall smith and is called The Number One Ladies Detective Agency. Please dont let the title fool you. Amazing and so sweet. Setting is Botswana, Africa. There are 13 total. Start at the beginning, if you choose to read them. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...