Tuesday, December 27, 2011

post #2 for today - maggots

I could be describing a few different things.  But first of all I will start with our little chooklet Clementine.  I didn't lock the chooks away properly on Christmas night and I woke to my chooklets screams.  Ran out and found my three chooks a bit featherless, but alive. The cage had been dug in by what seems a fox.  I locked them in properly.  The next morning I gave them a check over and Miss Clementine has literally had her but bitten off.


Knowing the others would peck at her, I popped her in her own area.  All seemed well after a bath and application of Pinetarsol mixed with Zinc.  The best I could do on Boxing Day.  Today she seemed peachy, but just now upon checking her she has maggots in her wound.  Google told me to rinse it and apply various lotions, all I have is more Pinetarsol and I added salt.... she has been popped back in isolation and I said a little prayer.


Mr DCT is on night shift.  I don't know if it is just night shift, the pattern of life tells me it is.  I find it hard sometimes knowing how to be a wife.  Tell me, am I the only one that feels this way?  There are times that all is well and great - and then there are times that there is that lull.  The lull of complacency maybe?  I am having difficulty identifying what is normal in a marriage.  Is it because I did not have role models that were married growing up?  My Grandparents were very old school, Oma serving Opa and Opa loving Oma - albeit telling us all what a great husband he was.

It seems really hard sometimes.

Much Love Rach xo

3 comments:

  1. 1.For shallow wounds, wash the area with hot water and soap and gently pat dry, or clean the wound with hydrogen peroxide.

    If the wound continues to bleed, use styptic powder or pressure to stop it.

    2.Flush the wounds with hydrogen peroxide, iodine, or betadine.

    3.Place the chicken in a clean, separate area and check the wounds for infection several times a day.

    4.If infection sets in, clean the wounds two to three times daily.

    5.If the chicken can’t reach the area with its beak and the weather is warm, apply a wound dressing to prevent flies from laying eggs on the wound.

    The outlook isn’t very good with deep punctures caused by animals. Keep the chicken warm and quiet to prevent shock. If the chicken is very valuable to you, take it to a veterinarian as soon as possible.


    Could you explain a bit more about what you find hard Rach?


    Hugs

    Kimmie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choose love; as i know you do... that is all Im sure, oxooxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard for me to help in any way because I'm single, but I think there are always flat times...in marriage, in friendships, in singleness, in faith...in life in general.
    I have no doubt you are a super loving wife and mother.
    Not having a regular routine has got to be hard.
    I know my friend finds it really difficult when her Mr works all week, then has to work the weekend as well.
    Keep at it.
    The lulls are surprisingly harder than the tough stuff...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...