Sunday, June 3, 2012

can I show you around?

Day 5 of new house.  I'm a bit tired and looking forward to being completely unpacked.  My Mum is coming on Tuesday and is a bit of a whiz, so that will be great!

Here are some pics from the last few days.... We are actually enjoying having no dishwasher.  Miss G and Master S wash and dry while I pop Master J to bed... I love hearing their conversation.  Imagine that white we discussed a week or two ago.


Should I paint that other bookshelf white too?  Not sure?


Milly settled in well, she is now inside full time and it is just lovely... she coordinates great with my housewarming gift from my Mum!


The master bedroom, am thinking a collage of vintage mirrors above the drawers!


Staircase up to my studio and the guestroom.... should I paint the balustrade or even part of it?  Not sure... 


Downstairs to the second living area slash rumpus.


I have re-named this paint colour "Samuel Green"... it follows us wherever we go!


Boxes.


Cold mornings in these parts... time for the blankets to come out!


Our dream come true to have our very own producing lemon tree.  There is nothing quite like this simple pleasure.


And she wore my new gumboots.  Yes, I bought some Hunter boots, I am thinking of giving them a bit of a review.  So far, so good.  They are comfy and they haven't broken after a few weeks of wear.  Let see how the apparent world famous wellies stand the test of time!


We feel like we are at home already.  Mr DCT is pleased to see I am back to some of my old neurotic ways (cleaning); I had abandoned them at the last house as it was too hard.

Much Love Rach xx

19 comments:

  1. Your house looks lovely - and well done on your lemon tree. Got me thinking about lemon drizzle cakes!! mmmmm!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh, lemon drizzle cakes - I have never had one.... sounds yum.... Miss G and I are excited to make some lemon butter!

      Delete
  2. Great you are settled in Rach. Definately paint the other bookshelf white.
    Bec

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, love my white... thinking the balustrade too! xx

      Delete
  3. :) wow looks like a lovely house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren,I am feeling oh so blessed, I keep wondering if it is too good to be true - I keep thanking Him!

      Delete
  4. what a fantastic house.......5 nights whoop whoop love the open shelving in the kitchen smooch xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so much easier with open shelving, and looks homely! Can't wait to paint it! xxxx

      Delete
  5. your house is lovely, but i particularly like your kitteh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Millie cat is so cute, she is now indoors all the time, and loves me like a baby! Fills that empty nest feeling! xx

      Delete
  6. Looks lovely. We love our lemon tree. I'm sure you'll enjoy yours.

    Have to say, I like the balustrade as is. But I'm not living in your house! (ours is painted - not by us - and I think I'd love ours unpainted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I am thinking maybe just the middle rails, but keep the hand rail timber.... what do you think? xx

      Delete
  7. I love the house! Keep the pics coming, can't wait to see what you do with it. Ahh to have our own home again...
    I love white.. makes everything brighter and seem bigger ... you've got timber floorboards and door frames and doors so if you did paint the balustrade, it would look fab. But it isn't a big deal if you don't! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is only so much timber I can handle! I love my white - I can't wait to get into fixing things.... just waiting to sell the old house! xxx

      Delete
  8. a lovely new place to call your own! looking so organised already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kirsty, we are getting there... I am thankful to have cupboards and wardrobes, our old house had none apart from the kitchen. Makes living so much easier! xxx

      Delete
  9. looks really nice and cosy! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. looks cosy, but feels freezing!!!!! I need to get Uncle J to get the fire started I thinks! xxx love you xx

      Delete
  10. what fun moving into a new home and making it all your own.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...