Sunday, June 10, 2012

who am I

Via Hannah, I found Eden from Edenland and this little link up she has going this weekend.  I think it is going to be difficult to articulate who I am, but I will give it a go!




Edenland's Fresh Horses Brigade



I am the oldest child of three, then five and you could say six children.  Three to my mum and oldest of my father's six children.

I am a wife.

I am a mother.

I am the mother of two boys and one girl.  Maybe more to come.  I would like to adopt or foster.

I am an artist.  Always have been, but it was hidden until a couple of years ago.

I am the driver that has so many near misses with gutters and letter-boxes.

I am a lover of looking daggy and frumpy.  I am not a glamour puss.

I am a lover of cardigans and gumboots, florals and dots.

I am a knitter, sewer, painter, create as often as my mind lets me type.

I am a person that wishes so much had been different in my childhood.

I am the product of my childhood - so many good things - so many tragic things.

Many say I am patient.  I guess I am.  I swear in my head instead of out loud.  I don't shout.

I can't shout.  My psych said she could help me shout.  

I saw a psych.  I'm not a psych, alhtough I've thought of becoming one.  I analyse myself enough.  I don't analyse people as much any more.

I believe in Jesus Christ that he died on the cross to give the gift of forgiveness and everlasting life.

I  have that feeling of dread come upon me like wild fire at the unexpected rare late arrival home of my husband and children.  I jump to conclusions that they are dead on the side of a road.

I am honest and do my best to keep my word.  Sometimes I don't.  I wish that wasn't so.  Sometimes I just can't make that appointment.  It must have been that type of day.

My greatest dream when I was a teen was to meet the man that would be my husband.

I wish I was a flautist or pianist or cellist.  I don't play any music.

I love moss.  I do believe in faeries (well I think I'd like to).  I like quiet.

I have had depression since the birth of Master J, diagnosed that is.  I am sure I remember the onset correlated with this time.

I was a people pleaser.  I have worked hard to not be one now.  I do find it hard to say no.

I value my family and close friends as one of life's greatest gifts.

I yearn for experiencing the arts and nature - day trips out with the family.

I talk to children like we have known each other for years.  I will be a kindergarten teacher soon.  I think the parents of the children I talk to think I am weird.  

I think most people think I am weird.

I love trees.  I want to hang bunting in my forest.  I live in the hills, we are where we are meant to be.

I am the biggest I have ever been.  And I don't have an eating disorder any more.

I am wondering if i should hit publish.  I will.  But I think that is all I will share for now.

If you blog and you read, do you comment?  I hope you do.  I want to know who you are.

Join in, tell us who you really are.


Rach xx


8 comments:

  1. You help me feel less weird and I love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Rach....Bravo....BRAVO....B.R.A.V.O....This is one of the LOVELIEST....Most MEANINGFUL posts I've read in a very long time....You & I have a great deal in common....I'm not sure I could be as articulate....Or as BRAVE as you've been though....

    I hope you've had a BRILLIANT weekend....!!!!!

    Cheers,
    Tamarah :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Lovely! Thinking of taking the kidlets to the city today all by myself! A bit scary!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing all these lovely things about you. I would love to hand bunting in the forest too - that sounds awesome. I hope you do that one day. It's always hard to hit publish on personal posts like these, isn't it? I struggled with that too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very beautiful. I think this shows off your lovely soul. xxoxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are all a bit weird, Rach. We have so much in common!!! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...