Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Yarn Along

Linking in for Yarn Along with Ginny.  Reading a gentle little number; Saving Grace by Annie Jones - borrowed from the kidlets' school library - I can too be a member which is exciting.


Knitting a beanie for Miss M, my niece.  This is the first pattern I have designed.  So far I am reasonable happy with it.  Knitted in a merino silk blend.  I will publish the pattern once I have finished it.


Master J was home from school today, waiting for three more days of school until the mid-year break seemed a bit too much.  I would like to be able to say we spent the day doing 'my-type' of activities like ravelling balls of thrifted yarn... however my little man spent a great deal of time watching iview once we finished our special time together.




Tomorrow I am headed to The Vintage Shed to bring some new terrariums and miniature gardens to the stall - it was quite nice to be back into the quiet ho-hum of working Squiggly style!  My chooklets came and pottered by my side at I potted terrariums on the back deck.  I really need that potting bench built

Much Love Rach xx

PS... after yesterdays post, I found this little video - is there any contribution you may be able to make?  A letter to your MP maybe?

9 comments:

  1. Love that hat! Still working up the courage to begin a hat. Lovely inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I just learned how to knit in the round a few months ago! xx

      Delete
  2. The beanie looks fab, love the yarn, great colour........it's always nice to have a little helper to wind the wool.
    lily

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So lovely, such great fine motor work too for his little hands! xx

      Delete
  3. your hat looks great can't wait to see the pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alisa, hopefully it will work out! hehe! xx

      Delete
  4. So beautiful Rachael. You are such a clever woman..."she attends to her household and her children rise up and call her blessed." Still thinking of our school's Friday cuppa morning and the 'natty yarn and yak' we could organise! Term 3? I will attempt a beanie myself these holidays...you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my love, that encouragement blesses my soul! xxx Maybe we could have a knitting cuppa over the holidays if you have time. xxx

      Delete
  5. what a lovely hat and very sweet helper you have! good luck with the terreiums!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...