Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Yarn Along


Last year I knitted this skirt for young Miss H in a gorgeous super chunky Noro - the thing is - she grew!  The yarn is so delicious, I had to unravel it and start a couple of new little projects.  This week I finished a quick plain rectangular fingerless mitten for Miss H.  This is the pattern I made up:

Cast on 22 on 6mm needles.
Rib about 8 rows.
Stocking Stitch until measure about 10cm ( I added a couple of rib rows in too).
Purl three rows, cast off in purl.
Sew up the seam and leave a thumb opening.

I love this simple little pattern, much preferred to knitting a thumb in, the freedom of thumb dexterity is better I think.


I knitted myself a beanie with the same yarn, I can't remember the pattern, but it was in the round with a cast on of about 90 stitches I think.


I'm reading The Last Sin Eater by Francine Rivers, not sure how I like it yet... have just discovered there is a movie and thinking I might like to watch it rather than read this story.


Happy Yarn Along!

Rach xx



10 comments:

  1. The skirt is awesome! And I love fingerless mitts too, they are my go to wardrobe item in the winter (as well as my cowl). Happy yarn along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea to make something new from the yarn! love the beanie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you repurposed the skirt yarn - how resourceful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful knits- I am so into reuse and redesign, you did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That skirt was phenomenal, but the mitts & beanie are awesome, too! Nice work repurposing the yarn! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I would love to make these for my familiy for a winter birthday! Thanks!

    Kate xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got a love of knits from that yarn!! I love when a yarn can be used to the very last bit of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! love all your noro knits!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have The Last Sin Eater on my vast shelves of Christian Fiction. It is a REALLY good book - I love the redemptive, positive way it ends. It's one of those books that is worth the read. And then watch the movie - they're never as good. Having said that, I've not seen this movie, although I'd love to.

    Really....persist!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...