Monday, August 6, 2012

25 days

There is about twenty-five days until the first big market this side of winter.  'Make 200 terrariums by then?', I was asked.  I have the terrarium bug I think.  Fabric prints... now doodling with my photographs and sketches with online illustrating tools.  I have so much to learn.  I am usually a hands on paper, fabric, dirt kind of creator.  But I have been inspired.

These babies are my plan for something new.  Not telling yet... it's a surprise.


So to market I will bring not only terrariums and miniature gardens; but terrarium cushions, gift cards with my work printed, willow wares.... and perhaps something else if it works out with these little designs.

Using computer illustration is fun, but I really have no idea.  A new friend suggested inkscape.  Once I downloaded it properly it was interesting playing around.  So at the moment, I float between microsoft paint, picmonkey, inkscape and word to finalise my images.  I am sure there is a more straightforward way, however this is all I know for now!

Inspiration has come from my brother this week.  He is an artist - the practicing and 'qualified' type with a couple of university degrees behind his name.  He is a teacher, father of three young kidlets - and now has taken up his own art again.

Master S is home on the couch with a fever and cough.  Off to Mummy duty for me!

Happy Monday!

Rach xo

3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of your designing :) Trust S will be feeling better really soon. hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. 200 hundred in 25 days?? thats 8 a day! I havent used inkscape before, I am home with a sicky today aswell so I will give it a little look ;)

    Hope he gets better soon xx

    Jacq

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely and exciting!! Best of luck with all your creations!!! :) Can't wait to see your surprise.

    Been having fun catching up on your blog and seeing the loveliness of your garden. I am envious of that gorgeous lemon tree! We can't grow lemons outdoors here, but I have a little one in a pot on my deck that lives inside during the winter.

    Hope your little one is feeling better soon. Don't forget to take care of Mum as well! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...