Tuesday, August 14, 2012

sipping tea

I have succumbed to the children's cold or flu that they had all of last week.  I was asleep last night by 7pm - must be sick.  I can't even drink coffee.  The dishes are done though (well except for the soaking pot).  I've been sipping green tea with honey and lemon.



Rosella's are visiting this morning.


I must be on the mend now, I can read and doodle.  Brooches are on my mind, but something original - not the cut out bamboo that seems to be so popular.  It's at times like these I realise how much of our culture goes with trends.  My artistic mind doesn't seem to work that way!





Doodling, drawing, painting, it clears away all other goings on.  Using the couple of programs I tweaked my pics to this.


Stay tuned for my brooches (yesterdays effort have been scrapped and removed off fb... thanks ladies for your honesty)!  Have you escaped Winter without any sickness?

Rach xx

7 comments:

  1. I hope you get better quickly! all my kids have been sick, so far the big fella and I have escaped although I have been dragging my heels for the last fee weeks so maybe I am fighting it.....kinder is like snot city .... Argh!
    I have always been a rebel, if its trendy I won't (even if I like it! ).
    I missed your brooches on fbook, I look forward to the next instalment.
    I am in a creative slump..


    Jacq

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get better quickly! all my kids have been sick, so far the big fella and I have escaped although I have been dragging my heels for the last fee weeks so maybe I am fighting it.....kinder is like snot city .... Argh!
    I have always been a rebel, if its trendy I won't (even if I like it! ).
    I missed your brooches on fbook, I look forward to the next instalment.
    I am in a creative slump..


    Jacq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very stitchy brooches, I'm fiddling around, they were quite old fashioned ish - which I'm not sure I like. Will keep you posted!

      Delete
  3. SOME random comments from your photos:
    I seriously need to get down to the Vintage Shed soon as I want one of your terrariums!
    We have the exact same kitchen cupboards/knobs... wish I could paint them white but it's a rental so no point.
    The neighbours cat caught a rosella last week... hubby saved it but it was injured (had its tail feathers pecked so we think another bird had a go at it).. didn't last thru the night. Shame as they're beautiful.
    The kids have all had colds but so far I've been ok. More kids = more germs and chances of getting sick though.
    Thanks for following with the new blog. xox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see your creations! I bought myself one of the Japanese pattern books in English - looking forward to making some frocks!

      Delete
  4. Doesn't look like a creative slump at all clever lady. very sweet. Hope the boogers leave you in peace soon. Apparently pansies are good for immune boosting if you have any in the garden - feels hilarious eating them but worth a go.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...