Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thursday Garden Journal


Join in on Thursday Garden Journal time, sharing what you are up to in your garden....
It might be what you are planting in the garden...
... pet antics...
.... family occasions, get-togethers, picnics...
... hints and tips - family garden secrets (like how to keep wombats from eating your crop)..
but it all must be in your garden!

Link in...grap the button & share the joy xx



____________________________________________

We had a morning of sunshine and warm spring air on the weekend, just enough time to clear the sides of these stairs and begin the process of building up the rock walls either side.  

The neighbours chooks love to visit, and love to scratch the dirt all over the stairs.  A few hours after this shot, the steps were laden with soil again.


I do like them visiting though.  Master S snapped a few great shots whilst he was home sick earlier this week.  These are two of next-doors flock.


Potting began for market stock.  Excuse the mess in the background, we have been emptying the downstairs room of moving stuff.


Miniature gardening counts as garden journal material doesn't it?


The old house is ready for sale, I cleaned it yesterday.  As I left the house, the barren hydrangeas were calling for me to take some cuttings.  I am also trying lavender cuttings for the first time.


Do you take cuttings?  My Grandma has always grown roses from cuttings - I have yet to master this art.  Daisies work very well.


I was blessed to take part in the very first meeting at 'the blessed school' for the school farm.  I could not be more excited.  They have an existing greenhouse igloo from the horticulture department that is no longer being used for the upper school.  It is huge - we discussed fitting maybe 20 apple crates inside.  The children  will all be studying farming as a whole school - while devising market stalls, worm juice and egg produce.  Exciting!!!

How has your garden been growing?  Spread the word....

My friend in Tasmania was discussing her chooks eating her crops... just a little note to let you know thus far my stick fence is doing wonders keeping all animals out!  Easy and cheap too!

Rach xx


12 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear your stick fence is working!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am too, I am planning my next plot once I have more sticks ready! xx

      Delete
  2. It's great to bring cuttings from your old home. My mum takes hydrangea cuttings for me.
    Somehow I have always thought taking cuttings from roses would be difficult so I haven't yet tried it either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hydrangeas in your garden Sarah would be divine with all that white! xx

      Delete
  3. Yay so happy I checked my Google Reader today (hasn't been checked in weeks). Will definitely be linking to this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cool Renee, looking forward to you joining! xx

      Delete
  4. oooh I am completely hopeless when it comes to all things green and growing but I look forward to lurking and being inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it funny how one assumes traits of another - I had you set for one with a green thumb! xx

      Delete
  5. Thanks for popping over and inviting me to link up. I had a thought just today to do a weekly farm update so will be happy to write it up on Thursday and link up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a cutting - especially the sort you just whack in the ground. Perfect time to do some snipping. Mini gardening definitely counts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What else do you recommend growing from a cutting?

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...