Thursday, September 13, 2012

thrift finds


My collection of Fowlers jars has been overflowing - and in preparation for some upcoming festivities... I had a go at making my own lanterns.  I'm very happy with how they turned out.  I especially love the map one.


Yesterday I met one of my besties for a coffee in a close by town, I tend to head down there once a fortnight and do my regular run around.  The thrifting was exceptional yesterday... here are some of my finds.

These nursery sets are 1940's Johnson Australia - just divine.  I have five bowls I have kept for our daily use - but the double ups are headed for The Vintage Shed.


Loving Pyrex... the coffee pot and lemon decanter.... little milk bottles from a cute shop and the rolling pin - I didn't get a good pic, but you can just see the yellow handles.


I love this dinnerset, not enough to keep it... it is a vintage Ridgeway Ironstone... and my new spinning wheel care of a lovely friend... that is staying put... for one day when I start spinning!


And you can just see that vintage fabric too - very pretty - not sure if I will sew myself a dress or blouse with it from this book.

I'm off to collect the children from school - it's a dancing and cricket night.  I'm already feeling like hopping into bed... no rest for the busy!  Have you been busy lately?  What have you been doing?

Rach xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Rach you've done a great job decorating those jars..love the heart one and the lace one especially but they all look so good together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh i had that old mother hubbard set when i was a kid

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rach its Sara from tyabb ps. Will that dinner set makes its way to the vintage shed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is Lovely, I'm dropping it down today! xx

      Delete
    2. I might have to have a look after work. Hope that you are all well. Sara Xx

      Delete
  4. you make sooo many clever things, loving the vintage Johnson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rachael,
    I've just come over from Rhonda's list on DTE, and I'm so glad I did - I'll be looking over your blog a lot :)
    Love those lanterns, just beautiful.
    And that lemon decanter is just like one mum had! I'm not so good at op-shopping and thrifting. I'll be back here for some inspiration on what to look for.
    Have a great weekend,
    another Rachael :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you did! It was a surprise to find the mention on her blog this morning! Feeling special! xx

      Delete
  6. Hi Rach, thanks so much for visiting my blog. I'm admiring your amazing thrifting haul - I love the 1940s nursery set and the dinner set.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...