Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Garden Journal


Join in on Tuesday Garden Journal time, sharing what you are up to in your garden....

It might be what you are planting in the garden...

... pet antics...

.... family occasions, get-togethers, picnics...

... hints and tips - family garden secrets (like how to keep wombats from eating your crop)..

but it all must be in your garden!

Link in... share the joy xx

_____________________________________________________

I am really passionate about sharing our Aussie gardens.  Whether it is nationally or internationally - my hope for this Tuesday Garden Journal is that we learn and connect from each other.  When setting up the idea of this link-up, I did begin it on a Thursday; forgetting about the wonderful Our Creative Spaces that so many join in with.  Hence the change to Tuesdays (and by the time Thursday came around - my head was muddled with what day of the week it actually was!).

So here is the beginning of Tuesdays.  Please spread the word.  I have so much to learn and share about gardening, becoming more self-sufficient and sharing the joy the outdoors brings!

----------

This past few days at our house has been full of planting what we can.  I don't know how long it is going to take to clear the bush from the perimeter of our house; but I figure we will plant out whatever we clear. 

                  


Miss G chose some paper daisies to plant along our front steps.  I remember my friend Mel planting them years ago - these are our first ever.

We dug up Mexican Orange Blossom seedlings that had sprouted in the old house and planted them along the driveway - it should make a nice hedge.  I really am into growing, multiplying and planting out our garden with as little cost as possible.



I planted tomatoes, pumpkin, marigolds and californian poppy's in the little cleared patch by the front path near the hopefully recovering mandarin tree.


Lupins also transplanted, they are starting to shoot new leaves!


Tomatoes with flowers... a bit of a head start I am hoping!


The photo's are taking ages to load and I just read some sad news at another blog - so will leave it there for now.

Looking forward to reading your gardening blogs... please spread the word!

Rach x


12 comments:

  1. Today is just beautiful! I was just sitting on a picnic rug outside with 7 month old who decided he'd wriggle his way onto the grass and eat it instead. Was so nice to be out for a change. :) xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how precious.... I loved those times when my babes were littlies! Enjoy Lovely!

      Delete
  2. thanks for inviting me Rach! I've added my link.

    Truly lovely idea! Thanks xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the motivation :D
    I have added my link

    Jacq

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've added my link and will pop in again with more gardening post in the future I am sure. My tomatoes have flowers too and some even have tiny green fruit! Right now thought I am waiting for the all the green strawberries to turn red. Yum! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahhh, Queensland weather! How exciting! We are just getting some lovely fine Spring weather now here in Melbourne! xx Thanks for joining in!

      Delete
  5. Ah, I must add my two cents in here next week too :)

    In the meantime, I saw this link today for an 'edible terrarium' and thought of you!

    http://www.mypapercrane.com/blog/?p=6470

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder if paper daisies would like it here in Tassie? Oh the memories of gardening with you in Baxter :)
    This is what I have been up to in the garden: http://providencemeadows.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/im-so-excited-i-could-cry.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. xx and Hastings! I am sure they would wouldn't they? xx

      Delete
  7. What a great blog, I followed the link from JaxFancy's blog which caused me to feel both inspired and seriously inadequate!You guys are impressive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, but not that impressive... I'll have to pop on some pics of the mess!

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...