Sunday, September 9, 2012

yellow

Miss G is baking jam drops.  The boys are playing on screens (and I'm feeling guilty).  Mr DCT just left for work.  I'm pondering, contemplating and thinking about family and friends (and loving the yellow around me today - so much so that I think I shall paint my front door yellow).


I'm waiting for one of our oldest friends to visit - we were in Mum's group together when Miss G was born and her Master I.  She didn't like me back then, said I was a 'goody-two shoes' and too sweet to be her friend, we kept crossing paths - and became great friends.


It got me thinking about what people perceive of me.  Some don't care.  I find it quite interesting.  Do my beliefs make those around me judge me.  Does my quiet voice add to the puzzle.  Everyone has a story.  It is that, that I love.  Do you see what I see?  Have you felt what I've felt?  All very philosophical I know - but we all have a story.  Mine has made me who I am; quiet voice and all, believer and all.



Love Rach xx


8 comments:

  1. I love yellow things!!! I have a small collection of yellow items on an old dresser. Funny how friendships come, change, go...thanks so much for sharing today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pondered the same things on occasion. Once in a while I get an insight (like you) into how I am perceived by other...but it's a thing I don't dwell on too much. I was having coffee with a friend today and we were talking about how people come and go in life but we were thankful that He is always with us...the constant in a life which changes constantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aahhhh, we have Him in common! So glad! Very true!

      Delete
  3. Your voice is not how I had thought it sounded in my head. Isn't that funny.
    Everyone has misconceptions and the best thing is when we find ourselves pleasantly surprised. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming of age I think... that 30's wisdom growing xxx

      Delete
  4. Sometimes I worry about what people think of me. My voice is not quiet (I don't think), but I'm perceived as quiet because I don't talk a lot. And so many people don't really get to know me. I'm ok with that, but I do worry about misperception sometimes.

    Loving all the yellow! Such a spring-like color. And such a happy color! Did you make that lovely granny square blanket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I did Anne, I found it in a thrift store. I am yet to learn to crochet! xxx I like the new hair cut too! xx

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...