Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Garden Journal

Join in each week to share your Garden Journal, sharing what you are up to in your garden. The link will go up every Tuesday and the link is open for the whole week!



It might be what you are planting in the garden...
... pet antics...
.... family occasions, get-togethers, picnics...
... hints and tips - family garden secrets (like how to keep wombats from eating your crop)..
but it all must be in your garden!
Link in... share the joy xx

Pop this button in your sidebar - I can't wait to see what you are up to!

Rach xx


_________________________________________________________________

The sun started to shine here in Melbourne which meant we finally were able to do a spot of gardening.  This miniature apple tree has followed us for the last three house moves, and I am pleased to say it has found it's prime position!  The bee's visited over the last few days... where they came from I have no idea - because we do not have any flowers close by really.



It looks quite barren in this picture, but is doing really well.


Petunia's and lavender are underplanted.  The chickens loved to have their dust baths right next to this garden bed, so I had been trying to shoo them away.


We have begun to clear around the house for bushfire safety.  In the next couple of months we have to take out some huge gum trees.  Mr DCT has begun the smaller trees and started stacking fire wood.  The speck of blue at the bottom of the picture is the new mulcher hidden under a tarp.


We have wildflowers galore at the moment.  I am unsure of their species, I will have to borrow a book from the library to find out.  They are so pretty, I cut a bundle and arranged a posie in a jar on the kitchen table.





The spring colour is amazing.


Miss G is learning about the patience of gardening and waiting for her garden to grow.  She has also experienced something eating her Dahlia seedlings, much to her dismay.  She planted her new rose bush and dahlia bulbs.


Welcome to all our new gardeners from Ginny's blog - I so look forward to reading everyone's garden news!

Rach xo



2 comments:

  1. Your garden looks beautiful I love the trees. As you live on the opposite side of the world to me it is great to see a completely different garden to mine. I don't think any of those trees or plants would grow where I live!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thanks for sending me a link Rach, I'm awful at linking up regularly but I may well pop over every so often and get inspired. I'm also completely awful at gardening but perhaps this will make me do better!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...